- This was a great meetup! Way to kick off the Fall CharDUG season!
- 11 folks attended with two first-timers and two second-timers. We love new people!
- Shrop and Thomas Lattimore led a conversation to discuss cancelling Drupal Co-Working days due to lack on attendance. After some discussion, the group decided to cancel the August event and reboot Drupal C-Working as TechCLT Co-Working in September. We will try this through fall and evaluate if we will continue at our December or January meetup.
- Thomas brought up a great idea to host a small Drupal workshop day at Classic (maybe DruBar Camp). The idea is to keep it simple so we can just have the event and have fun! Shrop asked Thomas to plan a date and present it at the next meetup so we can start planning in there is enough interest and volunteer support.
- Shrop announced the Module Development 101 workshop which will take place on September 14th, 2013. RSVP today!
- Shrop discussed using SimpleTest by leading with a SimpleTest video from buildamodule.com. Thanks to buildamodule.com for sponsoring this presentation! Shrop also mentioned his favorite Drupal Behat tool, drupalextension
- Thomas presented his Drupal 8 example module which is a take on a the recent drupalize.me "Drupal 8: Writing a Hello World Module" article. His presentation led to discussion about Symfony components in Drupal 8, Drupal 8 routing, and OOP principals.
- Next Drupal Roundtable meetup will be on September 4th, 2013. Details can be found here
© CharDUG Charlotte Drupal Users Group